Posted 23 October 2015
A consumer complaint was laid against claims being made for Aragan Secret Eyelash Growth enhancer with an argument that there is no evidence that this product can enhance eyelash growth.
Homemark / Aragan Secret Eyelash Growth Enhancer / H Steinman / 2015-1908F
Ruling of the: ASA Directorate
In the matter between:
DR HARRIS STEINMAN Complainant(s)/Appellant(s)
HOMEMARK (PTY) LTD Respondent
16 October 2015
- “Aragan Secret Eyelash Growth Enhancer increases the length of your lashes and gives you noticeably thicker lashes within only 4-8 weeks of use”.
- “Eyelash Growth Enhancer not only increases eyelash density but also promotes eyelashes to regroup and is also effective when used on eyebrows”.
- “… it nourishes the lashes and accelerates their growth, visibly increasing lash length and density …”
RELEVANT CLAUSES OF THE CODE OF ADVERTISING PRACTICE
- Section II, Clause 4.1 – Substantiation
- Procedural Guide, Clause 14 – Sanctions
ASA DIRECTORATE RULING