Posted 10 November 2015
The Hormone Health Network has issued five fact sheets intended to counter hormone-related myths:
- One attacks “adrenal fatigue,” a condition allegedly caused by long-term mental or physical stress.
- Another debunks the concept of male menopause.
- “Fountain of Youth” hormones warns against using human growth hormone or DHEA for bodybuilding, weight control, or to counteract “aging.”
- Another notes that the hCG Diet is either ineffective, unsafe, or both.
- Another debunks the concept of “Wilson’s temperature syndrome,” an alleged thyroid disorder invented by a Florida physician who stopped practicing after he was disciplined by his state board.
Some of the exposed myths involve diagnoses that are claimed to be an underlying cause of dozens of common symptoms for which their advocates provide hormones and/or dietary supplements. The Hormone Health Network is the patient-education resource of The Endocrine Society, the largest international group of … Read the rest