Posted 30 August 2018
According to a new investigative report:
- “35% food-grade hydrogen peroxide” is widely available in health food stores and promoted with numerous testimonials on Web sites to treat Lyme disease, skin problems, leukemia, brain tumors, and other ailments.
- Health benefits are often promised from drinking a few drops of hydrogen peroxide diluted in a glass of water.
- According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), there is no official definition for “food-grade.”
- Following reports of injuries and death, FDA issued warnings about internal use of hydrogen peroxide in 1989 and 2006.
- No scientific evidence supports the use of hydrogen peroxide as a remedy.
- Two individuals ended up at Detroit Receiving Hospital with gas blockages in the bloodstream caused by hydrogen peroxide and would have died or likely been permanently disabled without emergency intervention with hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
- Nearly 300 cases of poisoning caused by the