Posted 20 May 2014
From the Sense about Science website:
Leading scientists, toxicologists and dieticians debunk common chemical misconceptions
People are still being misled by chemical myths. This needs to stop. We urge everyone to stop repeating misconceptions about chemicals.
Here are the 6 main points made:
- You can’t lead a chemical-free life
- Natural isn’t always good for you and man-made chemicals are not inherently dangerous
- Synthetic chemicals are not causing many cancers and other diseases
- ‘Detox’ is a marketing myth
- We need man-made chemicals
- We are not just subjects in an unregulated, uncontrolled environment, there are checks in place
Read more at the Sense About Science website.