Posted 10 January 2013 – updated 17 January 2013
We have received a “Take Down Notice” for this page.
In other words, Eddie Bisset (CEO) and Diane Bisset (Financial Director) of Herbex have had their lawyers (Kantor – Fialkov) contact the Internet Service Provider’s Association (ISPA) and ask them to take action against our service provider, Hetzner, unless Hetzner convinces me to remove this page. We have also subsequently received a threatening letter from the Bisset’s lawyer, M Fialkov of Kantor – Fialkov, where a number of allegations are made regarding the content of this page.
Although we can defend the contents of our posting, we are informed that Herbex’s lawyers have threatened to take our service provider (Hetzner) to court if they they do not have the contents of this page removed. We have a range of choices to consider, but in the interim our sympathies lie with Hertzer – and therefore the contents of this page have been removed.
It is clear that Herbex are attempting to stifle free speech, an act contrary to the Constitution. We will continue to expose the actions of Herbex and the non-science / nonsense of their products – within the parameters of fair comment and as protected by the Constitution – and within the boundaries of fair comment, i.e., not defamatory.[note note_color=”#f4fccf”]We have received a take-down notice from the Internet Service Provider’s Association (ISPA) pursuant to section 77 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 (ECT Act). We have reviewed the complaint and in our opinion it meets all of the procedural requirements set out in Section 77 of the ECT Act (See http://www.internet.org.za/ect_act.html#Hosting).
This notice is issued when an individual alleges that unlawful activity has taken place on a web site that is hosted with Hetzner. In this instance, the notice refers to allegedly offending content located at ‘http://www.camcheck.co.za/herbex-people-behind-the-scams/’ which our records indicate as being under your ownership. Please pay particular attention to the sections entitled “Problem Activity” and “Remedial Action”.
We are required to inform you of the take-down notice and request that you comply before end of business today, informing us once you have removed the alleged content. We will liaise with ISPA on your behalf, informing them of the steps taken.
Since removing any content could have a significant impact on you, we understand that in certain situations this may not always be possible. As a hosting company, Hetzner does not adjudicate whether the content is offensive or not. Our role is simply to enforce the take-down request as per the ECT Act.
We’d also like to draw your attention to our Terms of Service (Specific Terms & Conditions; Clause 3.5 & 3.6 ). These clauses relate specifically to Hetzner’s right to suspend / terminate websites that communicate offensive / unlawful content. See http://www.hetzner.co.za/index.php/hosting/pages/specific-terms-and-conditions/.
Please respond to this request before the end of business today to avoid suspension of your website.
Hetzner Abuse Department
Hetzner (Pty) Ltd – Winning awards since 2003
National Contact Centre: 0861-0861-08
International: +27 21 970 2000[/note] [note note_color=”#f6fdde” radius=”4″]CamCheck posts related to Herbex
- Evidence for claims in weight-loss ads is slimmer than you’ll be 5 July, 2021
- Herbex UltraSlim: Advertising Regulatory Board ruling 14 May, 2021
- Herbal and diet supplements ‘have no effect on weight loss’ 10 May, 2021
- New advertising authority takes firm stand against quackery 14 December, 2020
- Herbex weight loss claims cut down to size by advertising regulator – again 18 November, 2020
- Advertising Regulatory Board: Herbex Ultraslim Ruling 11 November, 2020
- Herbex vetoed by ad watchdog over slimming pills 11 November, 2020
- Science Has Shown These Five Weight Loss Supplements Are a Waste of Money 11 December, 2019
- Detoxing debunked 14 January, 2019
- How Flat Tummy Co gamed Instagram to sell women the unattainable ideal 3 September, 2018
- Quick Weight-Loss Fix? Fat Chance, As Yet Another Herbex Advert Gets Banned 13 June, 2018
- Herbex Fat Burn – Bad press 7 June, 2018
- Herbex Fat Burn For Men – ASA ruling 31 May, 2018
- Herbex Fat Burn for Men – paying for nothing 8 May, 2018
- Creator of Herbex products shares his thinking 25 April, 2018
- Herbex made unproven claims about weight loss products 11 April, 2018
- Herbex Health slated for ‘body shaming’ ad 10 April, 2018
- ASA not mandated to comment on ‘complementary medicine’: Herbex 8 April, 2018
- Herbex weight-loss claims are unsubstantiated 6 April, 2018
- ASA bans misrepresentative Herbex ad 4 April, 2018
- Herbex: Ad for a popular SA diet product has been banned 4 April, 2018
- Herbex Fat Attack – ASA ruling 4 April, 2018
- Herbex Fat Burn – Rip off? 28 March, 2018
- 5 supplements that claim to speed up weight loss – and what the science says 31 January, 2018
- Detoxing is the health ‘resolution’ you should avoid this year 8 January, 2018
- Top ten signs your detox may be a scam 29 December, 2017
- Herbex, MMS products detained in the USA 30 November, 2017
- Advertising that misleads, curbed 10 October, 2017
- Herbex misleads after legal setback 6 October, 2017
- Supreme Court of Appeal gives Advertising Authority (ASA) its fangs back 2 October, 2017
- Are diets just placebos? 14 July, 2017
- Garcinia Linked to Liver Damage 1 May, 2017
- “Detox”: Ritual purification masquerading as medicine and wellness – Detox is a Scam 3 February, 2017
- Dishing the dirt on detox 2 February, 2017
- In the UK Herbex removes its claims; in SA, Herbex takes the ASA to court 29 January, 2017
- ASA launches appeal against Herbex High Court ruling 3 June, 2016
- Court action: Herbex vs ASA 16 May, 2016
- The one thing you need to know before you detox 5 January, 2016
- Supplement manufacturers take advertising authority to court 15 November, 2015
- USN, Herbex, Antagolin, Solal and Vigro (Nativa) go to court to block ASA 6 October, 2015
- Herbex and HPA’s arguments ring hollow – ASA Final Appeal Committee Ruling 17 October, 2014
- Herbex “admits” to scam! 5 March, 2014
- Herbex Appetite Control: more Herbex nonsense? 20 January, 2014
- Herbex Attack the Fat – Scam? 18 January, 2014
- Herbex – “Take Down Notice” 9 January, 2014
- Herbex – “Schedule 0” claim 8 August, 2013
- Herbex Booster Eat Less- No proof that it works 14 May, 2013
- Herbex Attack The Fat (Hlasela Amafutha) – Does not work! 6 May, 2013
- Herbex Slimmers Drops & Tablets “Rene” advert 6 May, 2013
- Herbex Appetite Control Tablets – No proof! 12 April, 2013
- Proof – Herbex Slimmers For Men is a fat lie 7 March, 2013
- ASA Ruling: Herbex Immune Defence Syrup 17 February, 2012
- Slim HerbAqua 14 February, 2010
- Herbex – ASA rulings 1 March, 2009