Posted 09 September 2013
Seems like there is no end to scamsters trying to con ordinary consumers.
BioXlim claims: “Bioxlim is a weight reduction supplement that is formulated from 3 essential natural herbs that work together synergistically. Bioxlim is a specially formulated product to be used as a dietary food supplement. It contains vital active ingredients with nutritional values that help in slimming and weight management.”
The company evidently resides at Herbal Zone International C. C., No. 5. John Voster Avenue, Plattekloof 1, 7500 Cape Town
|The company, Herbal Zone International c. c., is registered to Hakim Herzallah (HAKAM ALI IBRAHIM HERZALLAH) at address 10 John Vorster Avenue, Plattekloof 1, Cape Town|
Each capsule contains 450mg :
- Hoodia Gordonii Extract 200mg
- Garcinia cambogia Extract 150mg
- Aloe Vera Extract 100mg
A few problems with this.
1. There is not a single study showing that this mix of ingredients works
2. There is a study showing that Hoodia at a dose about 5x higher than the level in this product (1110 mg vs 200 mg) showed that hoodia does not result in weight loss or appetite suppression: “In comparison with a matched placebo, the consumption of HgPE for 15 d appeared to be associated with significant adverse changes in some vital signs and laboratory parameters. HgPE was less well tolerated than was the placebo and did not show any significant effects on energy intakes or body weights relative to the placebo.“
3. Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database (NMCD) (“Unbiased, Scientific Clinical Information on Complementary, Alternative, and Integrative Therapies” has reviewed all the studies for this ingredient and concludes “Obesity. Taking garcinia fruit rind extract orally doesn’t seem to help decrease weight, satiety, fat oxidation, or energy expenditure in obese people (728,8572,11407).“
4. Aloe Vera has no weight-loss effect
Therefore, big scam!